HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM
The Housing Choice Voucher Program provides assistance for low income families in the private rental market.
We are dedicated to providing safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities in our community. The department also ensures that landlord Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) are distributed as scheduled, performs fair market rent determinations, conducts Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections and re-inspections, and performs annual reviews of tenant utility allowances, making revisions and adjustments as necessary.
As a participant in the Housing Choice Voucher Program remember to:
• Report changes in your income and /or household composition within 10 days of the change
• Be present at the unit for annual HQS inspections
• Attend your scheduled recertification appointment
• Pay your portion of rent to the landlord, on time
• Comply with the terms of your lease
If you are currently on the waiting list, you must notify the housing authority in writing of any change in your address or household composition. If you do not update your information, you may lose your place on the waiting list.
Changes should be mailed to:
Avoyelles HCV Program
312 North Main Street
Marksville, La. 71351