EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2016 Hours of Operation are Mon-THUR 8:00 - 3:30, Closed Fridays to public, no permits will be issued.
Avoyelles Parish Permitting Dept issues Development and Electrical Permits for the Parish. This office also provides Floodplain Management for the unincorporated areas.
The purpose of the Avoyelles Parish Permit Office is to ensure that all building codes adopted by the Parish Police Jury are enforced and in compliance.
For construction that must meet State Code requirements you have a Third Party Provider. We do have one that you can use if you do not have your own.
Third Party Provider web site is on contact information tab.
Your Third Party Provider must be registered through the Avoyelles Parish Police Jury also.
* RESIDENTIAL I COMMERCIAL IRECREATIONAL I FARM I STORAGE I SWIMMING POOLS I SIGNS I SOLAR PANEL I GENERATORS I RENTALS I WATER WELLS
* ADDITIONS I MAJOR RENOVATIONS
* WITH OR WITHOUT UTILITIES
* FEES ARE BASED ON THE TYPE OF STRUCTURE AND SQUARE FOOTAGE
* BEFORE PLACING OR STARTING CONSTRUCTION
* PURCHASING EXISTING
PENALTY FEES WILL BE ADDED TO PERMIT FEE IF CONSTRUCTION BEGAN OR STRUCTURES PLACED BEFORE PERMIT ISSUED (NO EXCEPTIONS)